Thursday, March 19, 2015

Who Is Taking Away Your Right To Pray?



I am not against believers. I am just fed up with being annoyed.

            Let's face it, if you really want to pray to a God, being or anyone or thing for that matter, you certainly can. What's stopping you? Simply close your eyes (or don't), imagine your "connection" and fire away. It's that easy. But please, just do it silently. You may have as long a conversation as you want, anywhere, anytime. Not only will no one try to stop you, better yet, they'll never even know that you are doing it. Really think about that. You've got a free and open line.

            Now, the Facebook memes sent around where people are claiming they are sick and tired of everyone trying to "stop" them from praying can stop. I've told you a way to have your unobstructed prayers, in your head, whenever or wherever you want to have them. You can all just relax now.

            If you don't relax and agree to travel down the path to silent "prayerhood", I'll know that with you in particular, it's not really about prayer. It's about being annoying and disruptive to others. No one ever took away your right to prayer, but you relentlessly and carelessly accuse people of doing this. I have to wonder why.

            Do you need attention? Are you angry that other people aren't doing the same things you do? Do you need to "show" folks, out loud how faithful you are?

            Well, I don't put up with loud music from neighbors, teenagers who party too far into the night or children who are allowed to scream inside my home. I just won't.

            I refuse to be annoyed by anyone sitting next to me on an airplane who insists on reading out loud,  ask everyone I ride in a car with not to blast the radio and hate it when someone in Starbucks is talking way too loud on their phone and disturbing my morning coffee.

            You see? I am not singling you out. I really just have a huge need to preserve my personal peace and privacy. I'll only let you impede on my world if I want you too. So, yes, if you suddenly walk up to me and begin praying, out loud within ear range, I'm going to walk away to a more quiet spot. If I can't leave, I'll ask you to pray silently, in your head. If you are offended by this and feel like I'm taking away some sort of "right to pray" from you well, don't be. I am simply placing you in the same annoying category of bystanders I've mentioned above, where you rightly belong.

I hope that clears up why I can't understand what you are asking for with your "right to pray" memes?

No comments:

Post a Comment